* Deck addition – It’s fairly simple to build a 12 foot by 16 foot wood deck addition. It should take 3 to 4 days to complete. The rate of return of doing this type of project is 490%, compared to 80% if a professional installs it.
* Small bathroom upgrade: Installing ceramic tile may be one of the more labor intense do-it-yourself projects and one that typically requires being without a bathroom for 6 to 8 days. But it provides a great rate of return at approximately 170% compared with the 70% if a professional does the job.
* New Front Door: Steel door replacement not only provides great curb appeal, it has a huge cost return. The rate of return if replaced by a professional is 101% but if done as a do-it-yourself project the rate of return is 501%.
* Replacing the Garage Door: This easy do-it-yourself project can net$1,410. when it’s time to sell. Swapping out an older garage door for a steel door has a rate of return of 166% if done by owner. 88% if done by professional.
* Window Replacement: If replacing more than 3 windows or window on a second story, it’s best to leave this to the professionals. Window replacement has a 72.9% if done by a professional, but if done by the do-it-yourself owner it is 320% rate of return.
Today learning the tricks of the do-it-yourself projects is easier than ever. There are instructions for almost every project on YouTube, and many manufacturers have do-it-yourself tutorials on their websites. For the old-school owners, the local library offers how-to books on many home improvement projects. Also Lowe’s or Home Depot are very good sources of how to many projects.
Real Estate in Cape Coral or Fort Myers will work for you! So will I !
Want “Smoking Hot” Deals in Cape Coral or Fort Myers?
Donna Bishop (239) 560-3149 or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org