- Remove dried paint from hands …. To remove the color fast without harsh chemicals pour some sugar into each palm, then wash with soap and water. The abrasive sugar granules will gently scrape off any pigment that is stuck on your skin.
- Wasp-proof your BBQ … backyard cookouts are a blast until wasps come to visit. To keep them away – mix 2 cups of water and 1/2 cup of sugar and bring to as boil. once cool, pour into an empty water bottle and leave uncovered a few feet from your seating area. The mixture will attract wasps and trap them inside so they can’t bug your crowd.
- Cure a case of the hiccups….sprinkling a bit of sugar on the back of your tongue. The sweet granules will stimulate the hiccup-triggering nerve in your throat, putting a speedy end to the embarrassing spasms.
- Make litter box cleaning a breeze … When Fluffy scratches in her litter box, she tears the plastic liner, leaving sticky clumps in the pan for you to clean up. To prevent the mess, sprinkle sugar in the pan before adding a new liner. The granules will absorb any liquid that seeps through the tears so clumps won’t form.
- Get soft lips for pennies … A natural way to exfoliate lips; mix 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil with 1 tsp. of sugar. Massage the paste onto lips, then wipe off with a wet paper towel. Glycolic acid in the sugar helps remove dead skin cells while the oil moisturizes.
- Prevent a cut from becoming infected … Your niece scratched her arm in your yard. To ward off an infection, some doctors suggest sprinkling sugar on cuts before applying a bandage. Sugar draws water out of wounds, creating an unfavorable environment for bacteria.
- Nix grass stains… After a day of outdoor fun, you notice grass stains on your jeans and you’re all out of stain remover. The in-a-pinch fix; mix 1/2 cup of sugar with just enough water to form a paste. Apply to the stains and let sit for 30 minutes, then wash as usual. Enzymes in sugar help break down the chlorophyll pigment in grass for removal in the wash.
- Quickly fire up a charcoal grill… you’re all set to grill up some burger and hotdogs for your guests, but your charcoal grill won’t start! The simple save; toss a few spoonful of sugar onto the coals, then try lighting them again. High temperatures cause sugar to decompose into a chemical that ignites easily, so your grill will be ready in no time!
- Clear a blemish by morning … If summer’s heat and humidity have left you with an unsightly pimple try this simple trick to eliminate the spot quickly, before going to bed, combine 1 tsp. of sugar with a few drops of water to make a paste. Use your fingers to dab the mixture on the affected skin. Leave on over-night. The sugar will halt the growth of bacteria to reduce the swelling and redness by the time you wake up.
- Extend the life of fresh flowers … blooms clipped from your garden are such a joy, but they always fade far too fast. To help them thrive, add 1 Tbs. of sugar and 1 Tbls. of vinegar to the vase. Sugar provides nourishment for the flowers while vinegar kills bacteria that cause blooms to wilt
If you or anyone you know needs real estate advice, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Donna Bishop Realtor phone; 239-560-3149 or email; email@example.com
Thanks for reading this and I hope to hear from you soon.